Welby Mission and Vision:
We are a community working together to create a culture of rigorous learning to conquer hard things and grow together. We will create a safe environment where mistakes are a stepping stone to success through data-driven, collaborative,and reflective practices.
Moving Forward Jordan COVID Dashboard
Wednesday, November 25th - Friday, November 27th
Face to Face Instruction Welby Fridays
- Student attendance at school on Fridays is by teacher invitation only.
- Students may be invited to work with their teachers in person or online.
- Students who come to school on Fridays will be here from 11:00 PM-1:55 PM and lunch will be served.
- Teachers will provide activities for students who will be at home. Activities may or may not require the use of technology.
- Students may be issued a chromebook to take home for use on Friday. Chromebooks cannot be issued unless a checkout form has been signed by a parent or guardian and returned to the school. Forms are available from teachers.
If you have questions about what your class will be doing, please email your teacher (addresses are located on our website).
Kindergarten Orientation: Video from our school nurse:
Plan to reopen schools: 2020-2021 School Reopening_approved
The above link will provide access to Welby's reopening plan for the 2020 - 2021 school year
- When you are dropping off or picking up a student in the parking lot, please pull into a parking stall.
- If you are parking in a handicap stall, you need to have a disability placard or license plate
- Please use the crosswalks
Drop Off/Pick Up Map:
Welby is now on Twitter and Instagram:
Battle of the Books
Battle of the Books is a reading incentive program designed to encourage students to read quality literature.
GRADES 5/6 - 2020/2021
|The White Mountains (Tripods Series #1)||John Christopher|
|Ice Magic||Matt Christopher|
|Who Was Neil Armstrong?||Roberta Edwards|
|What's the Big Idea, Ben Franklin?||Jean Fritz|
|My Side of the Mountain||Jean Craighead George|
|Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library||Chris Grabenstein|
|Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer||Kelly Jones|
|A Wrinkle in Time||Madeleine L'Engle|
|Ella Enchanted||Gail Carson Levine|
|Number the Stars||Lois Lowry|
|The Mad Wolf's Daughter||Dian Magras|
|Scared Stiff||Willo Davis Roberts|
|Esperanza Rising||Pam Munoz Ryan|
|Brothers at Bat: The True Story of an Amazing All-Brother Baseball Team||Audrey Vernick|
|Love, Ruby Lavender||Deborah Wiles|
|The Castle in the Attic||Elizabeth Winthrop|
GRADES 3/4 - 2020/2021
|The One and Only Ivan||Katherine Applegate|
|Mr. Popper's Penguins||Richard Atwater|
|Lincoln and Kennedy: A Pair to Compare||Gene Barretta|
|Freckle Juice||Judy Blume|
|Bobbie the Wonder Dog: a true story||Tricia Brown|
|Muggie Maggie||Beverly Cleary|
|The Lemonade War||Jacqueline Davies|
|Because of Winn-Dixie||Kate DiCamillo|
|Phineas L. MacGuire. . . Erupts!: The First Experiment||Frances Dowell|
|Boxes for Katje||Candace Flaming|
|My Father's Dragon||Ruth Stiles Gannett|
|The Infamous Ratsos||Kara LaReau|
|Nim's Island||Wendy Orr|
|Knights of the Kitchen Table||Jon Scieszka|
|I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919||Lauren Tarshis|
|Boxcar Children||Gertrude Warner|
|Charlotte's Web||E.B. White|
|You Never Heard of Sandy Koufax?!||Jonah Winter|
New to Welby?
Click here to enroll your child online if you are new to Jordan School District
Click here if you are enrolling a new child, but have a Skyward Family Access Account